Software Engineer I, II, III
Thank you for your interest in working for Power2Practice!
If you feel like you are a match to our company and have a passion for the integrative medicine industry, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Software Engineer is responsible for understanding customer requirements, planning, and delivering solutions. The role will require group collaboration, enthusiasm, and Java software development experience. He/she will work on the core platform, write tests, and help design and execute new P2P application features. The ideal candidate will be hands-on and will contribute to the team development functions.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with other developers on code review and best coding practices. You will be responsible to implement IT strategies consistent with the company’s overall mission, business objectives, and needs. You must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in a fun yet deadline-driven workplace.
|Level I||Entry level, less than 2 years of experience|
|Level II||2-4 years of experience|
|Level III||5+ years of experience|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum of five (5) or more years of software development experience
- Understanding of Software development and deployment life cycle
- Experience in Core Java constructs, objects, classes, interfaces and design patterns
- Experience in J2EE technologies like Servlets, JSP, EJB, JMS, JSF, Tapestry or others
- Experience in Java Web Application, including configuration, tools, and IDEs
- Experience in persistence layer (Hibernate/JPA/plain JDBC)
- Experience or working knowledge in application server environments and containers
- Experience with change management/source control tools such as GitHub, SVN, CVS
- Experience working in databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience in database programming and database constructs
- Network and desktop knowledge, including experience with MS Office Suite products
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in customer settings with internal and external customers
- Effective active listening skills
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- 401(K) with company match
- Basic term life insurance and Short term disability
- PTO and Company paid holidays
* Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
* This employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.